Meghmani Finechem commissions epichlorohydrin plant
2nd Jun 2022

Meghmani Finechem has commissioned plant to produce epichlorohydrin (ECH) with annual capacity of 50,000 tonne. The company is the first company in India to commission a plant for the production of ECH, a chemical compound which is currently imported by the country. The plant has been commissioned on time and without any cost overrun.

In India, approximately 80 per cent of ECH goes into epoxy resin manufacturing, which is further used in industries such as paint, automotive, construction material, windmill, adhesives and electronics. The remaining 20 per cent of the ECH is consumed by the pharmaceuticals industry, for water treatment and paper chemicals, demand for which is also expected to grow significantly.

Meghmani Finechem is primarily engaged in manufacturing and selling of Chlor Alkali & its Derivatives. The Company is also engaged in Trading of Agrochemical products.